5 TIPS FOR CALLING FULL PATCH MEMBERS
Listen up, Supporters, Prospects and Hangarounds: When you are making calls to full patch members here are some great things to keep in mind.
1) We don’t have your number. It is helpful to send a text before you call with your Name, Rank, and State, asking when a good time to call would be.
2) If you reach our voicemail, Leave a message! Be sure to include all the info from Tip #1!
3) Start with the newer patches first. Congratulate them on earning their patch! I’d recommend starting with the men who have patched up in neighboring states. Doing so will help you with tip #4.
4) Be prepared! This old Boy Scout Motto applies to the MC world too. Have some questions in mind that you want to ask them. We expect you to have a purpose for the call, we’re not here just to make small talk–that happens after relationships are built. Here are a few suggested questions that you can be asking:
-What were some of the challenges you faced when you were a prospect?
-What areas of your life have you seen God working in since joining the club?
-What can I do to help ensure that the Founding Principles of this club stay intact?
-What has been your favorite trip or event with the club?
-What is one rule of MC Protocol that you had to learn the hard way?
-What are some good conversation starters I can use to help build relationships with 1%ers?
-How can I be praying for you this year?
As full patch members it is our goal to answer questions that should help you determine whether or not the club is right for you, and to help you learn history about the club and get to know other full patch members. Expect us to ask you questions like
“Why do you want to become a member?”
“What does Brotherhood mean to you?”
“How much time have you spent around 1%ers?”
“How have you been caring for the brothers around you?”
We may ask you some trivia questions about the club, so do your homework BEFORE you start making calls.
5) Listen. There will be time for sharing your entire life story during Club Weekends. Full Patch members are taking time out of their day for YOUR benefit, so use their time wisely and let them do the teaching.
As Full Patch Members, we want to help you become a crucial member in your charter. We want you to be building deep relationships with the men you will one day call “Brother.” Your job as a Supporter, Hangaround, and Prospect is to learn all you can about the Club so that you can teach the next guy–it’s all a Cycle. We build on each other and if one guy doesn’t have a solid foundation before he reaches his Full Patch, he’s not going to be able to hold the rest of his new brothers up.
Again, these are just a few guidelines to help you navigate on your road to becoming a Full Patch. Be Blessed, and good luck on your journey!
Matthew 13: 8-9 Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He who has ears,a let him hear.”
Ride Fast, Pray Hard